If you suddenly encountered a need to convert some WMV files to Flash and you have no idea what all this is about then here is a guide to tell you all that you need to know about this. The process of conversion is simple just like mkv to mp4 online conversion.
First you need to know what these files are
What is WMV?
WMV is a series of video codecs that is created by Microsoft. WMV is abbreviation for Windows Media Video. This compressed video container format is made for Windows Media Framework.
Advantages of WMV:
- Takes less space and contains a lot of information.
- Quality is maintained.
- Compatible with all windows devices.
Disadvantages of WMV:
- Not compatible with most of the devices.
- The format is very small and many players cannot run it.
- Not east to edit on non-Microsoft devices.
What is Flash?
Flash video, just like WMV, is a container format that delivers video content. It does so through internet via Adobe Flash Player.
Advantages of Flash video:
- Flash player is installed on many devices and this gives the videos that are in flash format a greater compatibility.
- Flash videos are consistent in all the operating systems. Mac or windows, the quality of the video will remain same.
- Flash player gives a lot of advances features when it comes to interactive content.
Disadvantages of Flash video:
- It is difficult to use initially.
- FLV is not very common so people often convert this format to others.
Why and How convert WMV to Flash Video?
If you want your videos to have greater compatibility and consistency then you should convert them to Flash video.
To convert, just search for any online converter and upload your wmv file and the converter will download the flv file to your pc.